GREEN STEP e.V.Am Loisachbogen 5
|Telefon:||+49 (0)151 20 66 5343|
|Telefax:||+49 (0)8171 34 55 68|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Projet d'environnement
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
Up to 90% of the rural population in many developing countries has no access to electricity. GREEN STEP was founded in 2007, with the aim of improving the long term living standards of these people with the help of environment-friendly technologies. By improving living standards, we mean giving people an opportunity to earn a living from environment-friendly technology.
In Cameroon, GREEN STEP promotes:
• the provision of electricity supplies in rural areas, produced from renewable sources
• opportunities for local entrepreneurs by training in renewable energy technology
• environment education – to reduce harmful effects on health and the environment
Projects concerned with sustainable agriculture
GREEN STEP achieves its goals by carrying out projects in developing countries (e.g. pilot project village M´muock in Cameroon) and by giving presentations in Germany (e.g. talks and workshops on renewable energy in development aid, and sustainability). For GREEN STEP, sustainability means that our projects are decided upon and financed in collaboration with local people.
Our projects include:
• the building of facilities on site, using the simplest of materials and technologies.
• training courses in the building of wind, hydro-electric and solar generators using local materials
• training courses in setting up a small business in the field of renewable energy, following successful training in the building of generators
• environment education measures on themes such as the damage to the environment caused by the incorrect disposal of electronic waste and batteries, or environmental problems caused by increased tree felling.
• awareness campaigns on sustainable agriculture, avoiding over-fertilisation and the use of dangerous pesticides.
Cornelia Ehlers is the President of GREEN STEP. Johannes Hertlein is the Technical Manager.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, and provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.