Experiment e.V.Gluckstr. 1
|Phone No.:||+49 (0) 228 95 72 2-42|
|Fax No.:||+ 49 (0) 228 35 82 82|
|Contact person:||Meike Schmidt|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Peace politics
Experiment e.V. is an international exchange organisation, whose programmes range from student exchanges and stays with host families to social and ecological voluntary work overseas.
Experiment is a non-profit organisation. We are very aware of the need to keep costs down and have the support of over 600 dedicated voluntary workers. Any profits are ploughed back – mostly into the scholarship programme, which enables exchanges independent of the family’s financial standing.
Under the slogan "Living together. Learning together“, we act as the German agents for the oldest exchange organisation in the world - "The Experiment in International Living".
Experiment promotes mutual understanding, respect and tolerance. For host families and participants, this is not only a remarkably enriching experience, but also an intensive preparation for sensitive global cohabitation.
• Demi Pair – a combination of language course with child care
• Voluntary service – an excellent opportunity to come into close contact with a country and its people by working for the public good.
• Voluntary service with the subsidized programmes weltwärts, Internationaler Jugendfreiwilligendienst and Europäischer Freiwilligendienst
• Internships abroad – turn the first steps of professional life into an intercultural experience
• Overseas school attendance
• Homestays worldwide
• Scholarships – an opportunity to live overseas for those who could not otherwise afford it
Programmes in Germany:
• Becoming a host family
• School attendance in Germany
• Group programmes
• Homestays for foreign students studying in Germany
• Homestays in Germany for Fulbright Students and Teaching Assistants
• Homestays for holders of DAAD scholarships
Meike Schmidt works for the national office of Experiment e.V. in Bonn.
On request, we can give other net participants advice, and provide contacts in the fields of voluntary service, „weltwaerts“ (programme of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development), European voluntary work, term papers on development policy.