Children's Book Project for Tanzania (CBP)P.O. Box 78245
Dar es Salaam
|Telefon:||+255 (0)51 760750|
|Telefax:||+255 (0)51 761562|
- Projet des médias
- Politique + projet d'éducation
The Children's Book Project for Tanzania (CBP) was started in 1991 in response to Tanzania's acute shortage of books for children, and the lack of adequate skills among book sector personnel to produce these reading materials.
The vision of CBP is to develop a strong reading culture amongst Tanzanian school children that is sustained by effective reading skills and provision of appropriate and quality reading materials.
The mission of CBP is to promote a reading habit amongst male and female school children in Tanzania.
Objectives of the Project:
• In collaboration with publishers to produce children's books in Kiswahili so as to improve accessibility to a variety of reading materials.
• In collaboration with teachers, to improve children's reading and writing ability and skills.
• To encourage and support indigenous authorship, design, publishing and printing.
Activities of CBP:
• Distribution of books: to primary schools and to several teacher training colleges and practicing schools from the Eastern Zone.
• Training: workshops for writers, illustrators, editors, booksellers and publishers
• Readership Programme for primary school teachers: main focus upon teaching reading and writing skills, as well as progressive child-centred teaching methodologies.
Ms. Pilli Dumea is the secretary of CBP.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.