Ärzteverein für Afghanische Flüchtlinge e.V. (AFAF e.V.)Marientor 1
|Interlocuteur:||Dr. Gudrun Scharifi|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
The Association of Doctors for Afghan Refugees (AFAF) is a non-profit organisation founded in 1983, which works to improve health care for Afghan refugees at home and abroad. As an active member of DAMF – the umbrella organisation of Afghan medical professionals – it also aims to support the rebuilding of the public health service in Afghanistan.
AFAF works to strengthen public health care by means of coordinated projects.
• Contributing to the development of the health care infrastructure by building outpatients’ clinics, using donations to equip them,
• Giving medical treatment on the spot, maintaining close contact and cooperation with local medical professionals,
• Financing the building of a primary school in Jelalabad,
• Delivering donated medicines and equipment to various clinics,
Capacity-Building by transfer of knowledge: teaching Afghan doctors in various specialist areas, enabling Afghans to benefit from further education courses in Germany,
• Giving financial aid for the publishing of medical journals,
• Creating a neonatal department in the Maiwand Children’s Clinic in Kabul,
• Building and running an outpatients’ clinic near Jelalabad,
• Buying food and tents for those in need.
(Long years of financial support for a psychiatric centre and diagnostic centre in Peshawar )
The above-mentioned measures are additionally supported by: DAAD, Engelhardt-Stiftung, GTZ, BMZ, the German Embassy in Kabul.
Gudrun Scharifi is a member of AFAF.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.