Studieren Ohne Grenzen e.V.Postfach 233
|Phone No.:||+49 (0) 178 189 68 73|
|Contact person:||Ulrike Krause|
- Educational policy/project
The non profit-making organisation „Studieren Ohne Grenzen e.V.“ (Students Without Borders) was founded in Constance in 2006. It is one of several European branches of the French organisation Etudes Sans Frontières.
Our vision is “Encourage, learn, grow”. This means:
• fostering peace and development by education
• learning for the future by getting actively involved
• growing into a worldwide network
Our objective is to qualify young people from areas of conflict to contribute independently to the rebuilding of their region.
• Encouraging involvement: we support selected students from the target area. These individuals should become qualified to implement development projects in their homelands.
• Improving the quality of education: we support educational institutions in the target areas. The aim is to improve the quality of education for a wider group of students. For we believe that they of all people – young, motivated people from areas of conflict - need to take an active role in the rebuilding process.
• Increasing awareness: we inform the local public about the situations in the target areas. This is to strengthen our solidarity with the people of these regions and increase public backing for support and rebuilding measures.
• Target area Chechnya: we invite students from Chechnya to come and study in Germany. We want to support the Grosny library by supplying it with books.
• Target area Congo: we enable motivated school leavers in the east of the Democratic Republic of Congo to take a degree in their home country. We also provide internet access for the young people there.
• Initiative "Studying in Wartime. When the future has to wait“: the exhibition and course of lectures with the same title are aimed at calling attention to the state of university education in war zones and areas of conflict.
•National “Students Without Borders” charity run.
Ulrike Krause is the committee member responsible for networking.
On request, we can offer other net participants advice or a presentation. We can provide up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.