Rua - Hilfe für Straßenkinder e.V.Forggenseestr. 4
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)621/1815117, Mobil: +49 (0)163/9715112|
|Contact person:||Michael Schwinger|
- Aid for developing countries
- Social policy/disabled persons
The Rua organisation has been supporting aid for street children through the project Grupo Ruas e Pracas in Recife, Brazil since its foundation in 2000. We want to increase German public awareness of the problems of street children in Brazil. To this end we take part in public events with information booths and illustrated talks. Our aim is to give the children and juveniles who are living on the streets of Recife and Brazil a chance of a decent life. We support experienced and skilled local partners in order to do this.
The street children project Grupo Ruas e Pracas (GRP) was founded in 1989 by ex-workers in state care facilities in Recife. The work of the GRP includes the following programmes:
• Streetwork - locating children and street social work,
• Culture workshops in the field of drama, dance etc.,
• Help for families e.g. advice on upbringing, general living advice, shopping baskets of basic foods,
• Building up a network of aid facilities and political organisations (human rights) such as Homes, therapy placements, schools and doctors which the children can be referred to,
• The educational centre “Centro Educacional VIDA NOVA”, Capim de Cheiro – a kind of children’s village outside the town, where the children live, go to school and near which they can train for a job,
• Political work and cooperation with the state to improve the lives of the children in Recife in the long term.
The organisation Rua e.V.- Hilfe für Straßenkinder supports the Brazilian street children project with cash donations and relief supplies, especially in the following areas:
• Educational work with the children and their families
• A centre for the educational supervision of street children
• Family assistance
• Financing the payment of carers
• Minibus and driving licenses
It is also possible to do work experience or voluntary work in the street children project or in the educational centre VIDA NOVA. .
Michael Schwinger is the president of Rua e.V.- Hilfe für Straßenkinder.
On request, we can offer other net participants advice or a presentation. We can provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.