Helft Nicaraguas Kindern e.V.
APNN - Ayuda para los nin@s de NicaraguaGarleff-Bindt-Weg 56
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)40 606 5449|
|Contact person:||Irmgard Much|
- Aid organization
- Aid for developing countries
The non-profit organisation “Help Nicaragua’s children” (APNN - Ayuda para los nin@s de Nicaragua) was founded in 1984 and is concerned with improving the future opportunities of severely disadvantaged children in León (Nicaragua). The girls and boys in the projects Chavaladas and Niñ@s del Fortín (Children of the Rubbish Heap) suffer particularly from poverty and from the violence in their family environment. Their basic rights to a healthy and protected childhood and to education were denied them.
Using money raised in Germany, our organisation helps these children to climb out of poverty and lead an independent life. The organisation in Nicaragua campaigns nationally for the rights of children and juveniles and, together with other Nicaraguan organisations, works to increase awareness of these rights within Nicaraguan society.
Activities of the organisation in Germany:
• Sales and information stalls e.g. at the folk market at the Ethnological Museum,
• Information events concerning the Nin@s del Fortin project in the state College of Social Education in Hamburg,
• The chance to do a half year’s work experience on the project.
The projects’ activities:
Nin@s del Fortin project
• daytime supervision of up to 150 girls and boys who, together with their families, earn their keep by rummaging on the garbage heap,
• enabling the project children to attend school and receive extra help with school work,
• courses and talks with the project-children’s parents about health and nutrition, psychological care,
• maintenance of the project’s own house, paying for medical care, carers, school fees, …
• daytime supervision of street boys who are ex drug addicts,
• offering meaningful leisure activities,
• medical and psychological care for these boys,
• maintenance of the project’s own house ,
• paying the workers on the project.
On request we can offer other net participants advice or a presentation. We can supply up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.