Afghanistan Informations CenterMörikestraße 9
|Contact person:||Dr. Yahya Wardak|
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Aid for developing countries
The non-profit organisation “Afghanic e.V.- Afghanistan Information Centre“ was founded in 1993 as a bridge between Germany and Afghanistan and addresses any person or organisation interested in Afghan culture and people.
Aims of the organisation:
• collecting and cataloguing information materials on Afghanistan and passing them on to interested people and organisations,
• working, assisting and supporting initiatives and institutions helping in the rebuilding of Afghanistan,
• backing projects concerned with fighting poverty, education and health care in Afghanistan,
• supporting the integration of Afghans living in Germany, and fostering their language and culture.
Afghanistan Information Centre (Afghanic) considers itself to be a service for everyone interested in information on Afghanistan and its people, whether professionally or privately.
The work of the organisation:
• cultural studies and research,
• events, seminars, lectures,
• project support – advice, organisational assistance,
• language courses (Pashto and Dari),
• dance courses (Atan),
• translations: Pashto, Persian, German and English.
• building a school library and equipping a computer room in a grammar school in the province of Wardak in Afghanistan,
• repairing and extending the student accommodation in Nangarhar University,
• medical aid for Afghanistan, …
Dr. Yahya Wardak is the president of the organisation.
On request we can offer other net participants advice or a presentation. We can provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.