ana yi africa - Brücken nach Afrika e.V.Brüsseler Str. 17
21423 Winsen an der Luhe
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)4171 690 317, Mobil: +49 (0)177 8899617|
|Contact person:||Heike Eggers|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Aid for developing countries
The non-profit organisation “ana yi africa”- „Brücken nach Afrika e.V.“ was founded in Germany in 2006. “Ana yi africa” means “Bridges to Africa” in Ewe – a language spoken in Togo.
Our projects contribute to the 8 millennium development goals:
• Goal 1: Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger. School projects, school canteens, micro credits, fair trade.
• Goal 2: Achieve universal primary education. Primary school education for 100 children in the capital, Lomé, and in the millennium village of Gnivé.
• Goal 3: Promote gender equality and empower women. We pay particular attention to the intake of girls into schools; we offer micro credits to women’s groups in Lomé; we support the initiative Adakavi Vovo in the Vo region; we have provided a central laundry Femmes pour Femmes (women for women) in Lomé and we support fair trade, mainly with women producers.
• Goal 4: Reduce child mortality.
• Goal 5: Improve maternal health.
• Goal 6: Combat HIV/aids, malaria and other diseases. We support the right to receive medical care and the fight against HIV/Aids, malaria and other diseases by means of the school health care centre in Lömé. We are trying to establish medical insurance for the poor; we provide water supplies and sanitary installations; we have planted Artemisia Annua to combat malaria in Gnivé; we campaign against malaria with our project “Roll back Malaria”; we supply mosquito nets; we support 16 blind schoolchildren.
• Goal 7: Ensure environmental sustainability. We have planted trees in the millennium village of Gnivé.
• Goal 8: Develop a global partnership for development. Our computer centre in Nukafu; twinning with the Roncalli school in Neubeckum, Germany; organisation of project days, workshops and presentations, participation in seminars, exhibitions and campaigns …
Heike Eggers is the president of the organisation.
On request we can offer other net participants advice or a presentation. We can provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.