Menschen aus Würzburg arbeiten für nachhaltiges Zusammenwirken mit unserer afrikanischen PartnerstadtUnterdürrbacher Str. 346
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
The MWANDA organisation (the initials stand for the German words for “The people of Würzburg work for long term cooperation with our twin town in Africa”) was founded in May 2000 and was initiated through the close contact between the towns of Würzburg and Mwanza.
The goals of the organisation are
• to improve living standards,
• to achieve more equal opportunities and
• to foster long term cooperation with institutions and people in and around our twin town Mwanza, in the so-called “third world”.
In particular, this includes:
• fostering education and upbringing
• development aid measures
• support for the needy
• contributing to international understanding by increasing awareness of the common bonds and the mutual dependency between rich and poor countries.
The organisation achieves these goals by:
• financial support to meet educational and social needs, for health care, for environmental measures and to improve the infrastructure,
• allocation of money and goods to the needy,
• the exchange of people, information and ideas between Würzburg and the Mwanza region,
• the encouragement of pen-friends, school and society twinning,
• the compilation and distribution of information materials and the organisation of information events,
• the support and operation of practical projects for international understanding,
• debriefing to evaluate the experiences gained,
• cooperation with and support for other state, religious or non-government organisations or initiatives concerned with the above goals,
• publicity work.
Michael Stolz is the president of MWANZA e.V..
On request we can offer other net participants advice or a presentation. We can provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.