|Telefon:||+49 (0)761 6006926|
|Telefax:||+49 (7)61 6006928|
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Projet des médias
KoBra – Cooperation Brazil – is a national Brazil network in Germany and some other German-speaking countries. The non-profit-making association KoBra was founded at a nationwide meeting in Freiburg in 1989. We come from trade unions, churches, universities, the environment movement, human rights and development aid organisations. We do publicity work, exert political influence or support projects in Brazil. Many of our members have lived in Brazil or come from there; others are in contact with Brazil through travel and the political conflict there.
• We are concerned to make the voice of the Brazilian social movement heard. We intervene in the cause of a more just world – in Brazil and here at home.
• We stand up for the democratisation of Brazil and long-lasting improvement in the social, economic and ecological situation there. Many German political and commercial decisions affect the people of Brazil. Our consumer buying habits, too, have an impact on the living environment of Brazil. Therefore we encourage sustainable consumer buying habits and stand up for political and commercial decisions which do not impact the Brazilian people.
• The association promotes international exchange within the network, thus supporting members’ local work, strengthening their political influence and serving nationwide special interest groups.
What we do:
• We intensify dialogue between German and Brazilian organisations and network our members.
• www.kooperation-brasilien.org: each of our members has a page on our website.
In addition there is comprehensive information about the things we focus on, about seminars, dates and much more.
• We publish ten issues of Brasilicum each year, plus two special editions. It summarises current political, business and environmental news from Brazil.
• At the end of each year we organise the largest regular Brazilian symposium in the German speaking world – the Tagung des Runden Tisches Brasilien (Round Table Symposium on Brazil). This is a gathering of aid associations and societies who work together with social movements in Brazil.
• Beyond this, we offer our members the detailed KoBra-Info with more interesting news about Brazil, the activities of our members and of the Brazilian movements, as well as project concepts, tips and materials.
Our partners in Brazil are grass-roots communities, trade unions, cooperatives, citizens’ movements, street children’s initiatives, women’s groups, human rights organisations, church congregations, environmental groups, the Landless Movement and other similar organisations and institutions.
Kirsten Bredenbeck is the coordinator of KoBra.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, or provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.