WECF Women in Europe for a Common FutureKorte Elisabethstraat 6
3511 JG, Utrecht
|Contact person:||Chantal van den Bossche|
- Women's policy
- Environmental organization
Women in Europe for a Common Future - WECF - was created in 1994 following the 1992 Rio Earth Summit, to give women a stronger voice in sustainable development and environmental policy, with the aim of balancing environmental, health and economic perspectives. WECF strives for a healthy environment for all. WECF is an non-profit, non-governmental organisation, coordinated from the Netherlands and Germany.
Today WECF is a network of 100 women's and environmental organisations in 40 countries. Our network spans Western Europe and the EECCA region (Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia). WECF has three offices: in the Netherlands, Germany and France.
Mission: Moving People for a World in balance.
WECF strives for a Healthy Environment for All. We use women's potential in balancing environment, health and economy. WECF's activities are based in its partners own visions and needs. Therefore WECF implements solutions locally and influences policy internationally.
• Safe Chemicals for All: by 2020 all consumer products are free of hazardous chemicals and toxic waste is safely eliminated
• Safe Energy for All: by 2020 everyone has access to safe, affordable and renewable energy
• Safe Food Production and Rural Development for All: by 2020 everyone has access to safe, regional and diverse food, based on fair production in balance with nature
• Safe Water and Sanitation for All: by 2020 everyone has access to safe and affordable water and sanitation and take preventive water protecting measures.
• Cross-cutting issues: to reach these goals WECF also works on Poverty Reduction, Sustainable Development, Public Participation and Environmental Rights.
WECF's four Strategies
• Capacity building and Awareness-Raising
• Advocacy and Policy Recommendations
• Implementing Solutions, Demonstrating Alternatives
• Gender: increasing balanced participation of women and men in policy making and implementation
Chantal van den Bossche is the Coordinator Public Relations & Press of WECF.
We can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.