Studenteninitiative Weitblick e.V.
c/o Andreas PletzigerUniversitätsstraße 14-16
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)176 62463781|
|Contact person:||Kathrin Wolf|
- Aid for developing countries
- Educational policy/project
Weitblick is a students’ initiative from Münster, which, since its foundation in February 2008, has been registered as a non-profit-making organisation for worldwide equal educational opportunities. There are now further Weitblick branches in the universities of Berlin, Bonn, Duisburg-Essen, Cologne, Hamburg, Leipzig and Marburg.
Absolute transparency is the basic maxim of our work. We ensure that aid reaches the people it is intended for, by personal contacts in the projects we promote.
Our guiding thoughts are mediate, facilitate, educate.
What we do...
• We act as agents for young adults and students to work on social projects – worldwide. In doing so, we put emphasis on members of our organisation having been on the spot, so that they know the situation there. Only those who have seen it for themselves can fully understand it.
• We assist children and young people. We support selected schools and job training facilities financially, and provide basic materials such as school books or tools for job training. Because education is the best vaccine against poverty.
• We are involved socially in Germany, establishing numerous actions and projects. We organise national and international educational trips for young adults, as well as holding lectures, and discussions with experts in theory and practice. Travel broadens the mind.
On request I/we can offer other net participants advice or a presentation, and we can provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.