Rettet die Elefanten Afrikas e.V.Bodelschwinghstr. 30
|Contact person:||Thomas Töpfer|
- Environmental organization
The association ‘Rettet die Elefanten Afrikas e.V.’ (Save the African Elephant) is a registered non-profit-making organisation which was founded in 1989 to protect this threatened species.
• Donations are used to finance projects to protect elephants and to stamp out poaching in East and Central Africa.
• Intensive explanatory work informs people of the threat to the existence of African elephants.
• Emphatic support for the demand for a worldwide long term ban on ivory.
• Thuma & Dedza-Salima Forest Reserve Project in Malawi. (Sponsoring of scouts and financing an anti-poaching team, including a new camp).
• Sponsoring the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Kenya (raising orphan elephants)
• Financing Kenyan radio broadcasts about the situation and the importance of elephants for their own country.
• Maintenance of a fence in Ithumba, Kenya, which was erected in cooperation with REA to avoid conflict situations between people and elephants and to protect each side.
• Support for the „Shumata Elephant Patrol“ project in Tanzania.
• Procuring sponsors for orphan elephants.
Thomas Töpfer is the president of the association.
On request we can offer other net participants advice or an expert opinion, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.