Opportunity International DeutschlandPoststr. 15
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)221 - 250 81 63 6, +49 (0)176 - 32 700 262|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)221 - 250 81 63 9|
|Contact person:||Kai Becker|
- Aid organization
- Aid for developing countries
The non-proft-making trust Opportunity International Deutschland is run on Christian lines, and is involved in micro-financing at grass roots level. The trust was founded by the entrepreneur Karl Schock in 1996. Opportunity International Deutschland is part of the global Opportunity Network. The trust allocates small loans to poor but entrepreneurial people. Parallel to this, the recipients receive training on subjects like business management and health.
We have a holistic approach, in that the recipients are also integrated into a Trust Bank, whose members stand surety for one another and support each other in their business ideas. The loans are paid back with interest (repayment rate 97%) and the money leant out again; there is a snowball effect.
• The small loan enables people to achieve a higher income and a better living standard.
• Through their integration into the Trust Bank they have help and support.
• The training in management and social issues they are put in a position to change their lives completely.
• The people retain their dignity and can look at the future with hope. Thus they can be permanently freed from the poverty trap.
• Women become entrepreneurs, which strengthens their economic position.
• Training in contraception and family planning helps the women to determine their own lives, thus strengthening their position socially.
• Training is also given in Aids prevention, health and hygiene.
• The raised income and improved living standard means that many diseases can be avoided or at least can receive appropriate medical treatment.
• A further concern is care of the environment.
Kai Becker is in charge public relations and marketing.
On request we can offer other net participants a presentation and up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.