Werkstatt Ökonomieim WeltHaus Heidelberg, Willy-Brandt-Platz 5
|Telefon:||+49 (0) 62 21/4 33 36-0, +49 (0)6221/43336-11|
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
The „Werkstatt Ökonomie“ was founded in 1983 within the Baden Ecumenical Network for Justice, Peace and the Protection of the Creation. It is a member of the umbrella association DEAB (Baden-Württemberg Developmental Policy), of VENRO (the association of German non-government organisations for developmental politics), of the CorA Network for corporate responsibility, of the Association of Critical Shareholders, of the Heidelberg One World Centre and of the Baden Outreach Ministry. The Werkstatt Ökonomie wishes to play its part in achieving the implementation of social and economic human rights. To this end, it compiles studies and offers advice for campaigns on issues concerning global economics, development and social policies.
Our projects, which are mostly for a limited period, are carried out either on commission or on our own initiative, but preferably in cooperation with partners. Our campaign advice is directed at organisations and groups and consists of the creation of materials for educational and publicity work and the planning and execution of campaigns and lobbying activities. The studies focus on activities which are as direct and practice-oriented as possible
• EU - China: Civil Society Forum: The network advocates that the relations between the EU and China should be formulated to encourage social justice, protect the environment and strengthen human rights. There has been coordination between Werkstatt Ökonomie and Asienhaus since 2008.
• „Play Fair – for fair rules in the production of toys“. Together with Misereor, Katholischer Frauenarbeit Deutschlands, Katholischer Arbeitnehmer-Bewegung Deutschlands and Nürnberger Bündnis Fair Toys, we are one of the sponsoring organisations of the "Play Fair” campaign and have been coordinating it since 1999.
• Kirchliche Arbeitsstelle Südliches Afrika (KASA): KASA, the ecclesiastical workplace in southern Africa, is supported by numerous church organisations and groups. It was founded in 1996 on our initiative and has since been part of the Werkstatt Ökonomie.
• Justice Annual. Church report on wealth and poverty: taking up the issues of the consultation process „Wealth and poverty as a challenge for church action“, this annual is published by over 30 church organisations and groups. The Werkstatt Ökonomie has been coordinating the project since 2004.
• Social Watch Deutschland: The Werkstatt Ökonomie, together with Klaus Heidel, has provided the speaker for the forum of Social Watch Deutschland/German NRO Forum since 2001 and has been co-publisher of their reports since that time.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.