Pro-Natura International (Nigeria)37 Onne Rd, P.O. Box 7790
|Telefon:||+234 (0) 84 462510, +234 (0) 1 7644776|
|Telefax:||+234(0) 84 232748|
- Organisation de l'environnement
Pro-Natura International Nigeria works to achieve long-lasting solutions for community development within the Niger Delta. By establishing trusted and transparent Community Foundations, PNI helps communities to lead their own development process. By building institutions, capacity, trust and confidence within the community, PNI is redefining community-led development in the Niger Delta through the Community Development Foundation Initiative.
PNI's Mission: Our mission is to reduce poverty by increasing institutional capacities for sustainable development.
PNI's Vision: Our vision is to see a Nigerian society where people have a more meaningful and greater influence on decisions that impact on their livelihoods and development.
Realising the vision:
To achieve our vision we focus on the following areas:
• Community-led Development: Institutions are encouraged to bring communities together for holistic participatory development planning that can support interventions in education, health, livelihoods, environment, women and youth empowerment, skills acquisition and access to credit. Planning is participatory and capacity is built for development plan implementation.
• Community Development Foundations: These have proven to be an important community institution that can support holistic development planning. As more stakeholders continue to adopt and adapt the Community Development Foundation Initiative, we will continue to encourage Community Development Foundations in support of community-led development.
• Research and Training: Our training arm, the Institute for Sustainable Development (ISD) was established to support individual and institutional capacity building for participatory community development, good governance and creating partnerships. The ISD also conducts research in support of our programmes and mission.
• Advocacy: Improving linkages between the communities and their government, civil society and the private sector. In doing so we promote improved local governance and corporate social responsibility
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.