Pazifik-Netzwerk e.V.c/o Pazifik-Informationsstelle, Hauptstraße 2/Postfach 68
- possibilité passer la nuit
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
Pacific Islanders from throughout Germany got together in 1988 to form the Pazifik-Netzwerk (Pacific Network). The Pacific Network took on the task of widely publicizing the political, economic, ecological and cultural situation on the Pacific Islands. This is achieved primarily through publications, lectures and seminars. The work of the Pacific Network supports NGOs in Europe and overseas who are campaigning for a nuclear-free, independent Pacific. An important part of our work is to improve international understanding and respect for other ways of life and cultural values.
The Pacific Network aims to contribute to the achievement of a right to self-determination for the people of the Pacific - politically, economically and culturally - and to combat the increasing destruction of the environment and its consequences in the Pacific area.
Some of the focusses of our work are:
• nuclear tests and their consequences
• the effect of climate change on the Pacific Island states
• ruthless mining
• conflicts and education for peace
• the endangerment to biodiversity in the Pacific
• forest clearance
• the sinking and incineration of industrial and nuclear waste
On request, we can offer other net participants overnight accommodation. In addition we can offer a consultation or make a presentation. We can provide up-to-date information and contacts related to the Pacific Island States.