Aktion Weißes Friedensband e.V.Himmelgeister Str. 107a
|Dirección de Internet:||http://www.friedensband.de|
- Derechos humanos
- Política para la Paz
- Proyecto para medios de comunicación
Aktion Weißes Friedensband (White Peace Ribbon Action) came into being in February 2003, with the threat of war in Iraq. As journalists, we would like to change young people’s attitudes by means of an education initiative. Our focus:
• Making young people active: we want to give school pupils the chance to get actively involved. Anyone who lobbies on behalf of other people experiences recognition and sees him or herself as a social entity within a community. An island is created in the anonymity of our times – an island on which youngsters can test themselves. The feeling that they are doing something to improve the world helps them to cope with it.
• Encouraging young people: they learn to aspire to a goal, to organise an action and to see it through. We want to strengthen abilities which they will need throughout their lives. For young people learn differently and more intensively when they can use their abilities to have a direct effect on the success of a cooperative activity. We witness young people who immediately react to situations involving children’s rights, and who enjoy getting involved in finding lasting solutions.
• Strengthening children’s rights: as journalists we are in a position to make all the difference to children’s rights. In our monthly action letters we arouse the interest of youngsters with vivid stories and combine education with gripping action. They urge the young people on and provide the public with a picture of what is going on. We support the work of our partner organisations. We offer them a platform by giving them contact to schools. They can present their projects more strongly in the media through joint actions. Young people get to know the organisations in this way, and find their place to involve themselves in voluntary work in the long term.
• Active groups: active groups are being formed nationwide, with members who campaign publicly for children’s rights. They organise regional actions and events and support our campaigns as well as those of our partner organisations. They learn how to develop successful actions in a team and how to ensure extensive press coverage. This broadens their personal abilities and helps them to find their place in society.
On request we can give counselling to other net participants, offer an expert opinion, give a presentation, supply up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.