GenderCC – Women for Climate JusticeAnklamer Str. 38
|Phone No.:||+49 30 21980088|
|Fax No.:||+49 176 94261787|
|Contact person:||Marion Rolle|
- Women's policy
- Ecological research/futurology
GenderCC – Women for Climate Justice is a global network of women and gender activists and experts from all world regions working for gender and climate justice. The change we envision is fundamental. GenderCC believes that in order to achieve women’s rights, gender justice and climate justice, fundamental changes are necessary to overcome the existing systems of power, politics, and economics.
The challenges of climate change and gender injustice resemble each other - they require whole system change: not just gender mainstreaming but transforming gender relations and societal structures. Not just technical amendments to reduce emissions, but real mitigation through awareness and change of unsustainable life-styles and the current ideology and practice of unlimited economic growth. Not the perpetuation of the current division of resources and labour but a responsible cooperative approach to achieving sustainable and equitable societies.
The main goal of GenderCC – Women for Climate Justice is integrating gender justice in climate change policy at local, national and international levels.
GenderCC is working to achieve gender and climate justice by:
• Raising awareness and building capacity relating to gender and climate issues among women (and men) worldwide in order to increase pressure on policy-makers for effective mitigation and adaptation;
• Increasing the global knowledge base on gender and climate issues through research, action learning and frequent knowledge exchange to identify a growing host of options for most effective mitigation and adaptation;
• Developing more effective climate protection and adaptation through empowering women and men to make maximum, active contributions to mitigation and adaptation measures, while denouncing the disproportional negative impacts imposed on women by false solutions;
• Increasing the participation of women in the formal policy making process, including grassroots women;
• Raising awareness and capacity building on gender and climate change issues among youth and children;
• Bridging the gap between local action and decision making by bringing local experiences to the decision making levels through advocacy and lobbying;
• Strengthening the capacity of the GenderCC members to effectively participate in climate change negotiations through training, facilitating sharing of information and experiences;
• Enhancing collaboration and cooperation on gender and climate issues at local, national, regional and international levels.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.